Paper Presentation and Publication
Gupta A., Tiwari D., Gupta P., Kulshreshtha A. “CDIA-DS: A Framework for Eﬃcient Reconstruction of Compound Document Image using Data Structure”, Ninth International Conference on Contemporary Computing, Noida, India, August 2016. [pdf] [pptx]
With the advancement of image acquisition technology, extensive research is being conducted to convert images of paper documentation into an editable electronic format. Various techniques have been developed to extract either Text, Table or Figure region in a document image. However, our finding from past research suggests that these techniques do not deal with documents containing a combination of two or more such regions. Moreover, we believe that in order to facilitate document recreation, the extracted information requires organization in terms of its semantic layout and formatting. Therefore, we advocate the need of a combined technique for extracting each of these regions and need of structuring the extracted information efficiently. In this paper, we propose an efficient two-stage framework CDIA-DS (Compound Document Image Analysis-Data Structure) to cater the aforementioned needs. In the first stage, the regions in document image are identified, and classified in the form of Views (Text/Table/Figure). Views are then organized in the second stage through the proposed tree based structure comprising of leaf and parent nodes in the form of Views and Layouts (arrangement of one or more Views) respectively. In the end experiments are done, to examine the efficiency of CDIA-DS using the proposed data structure.
- Localized and extracted information from compound document images comprising of text blocks, ﬁgures and tables.
- Proposed an n-ary tree based data structure for proper storage and retrieval of information contained in images.
- Used OpenCV (C++) along with Tesseract-OCR (Supported by Google) and Leptonica Image Processing Library.
Vision Based Autonomous Robot Navigation [pptx]
- Built an Autonomous robot based on Vision sensing which can interpret the environment to search for a given lookalike in an unknown arena.
- Deployed navigation algorithm in order to navigate through the arena avoiding obstacles based on a pattern.
- Used OpenCV library (Python) on Raspbian (Linux based OS of Raspberry Pi 2) along with control of L298H Motor Driver.
NSIT Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Responsible for the machine vision to autonomously take-off/land the unmanned aerial vehicle.
- Helped in the modeling and fabrication of the fuselage and the wing-span of the vehicle.
- Negotiated with companies for sponsorship through presentations and meetings.
I have been pretty much consistent in my academic performance during the undergraduate studies. I have been awarded the University of Delhi Merit Scholarship Award with Tuition fee waiver for excelling in academics for the academic years 2011-12, 2013-14, 2014-15. The graph here shows my Cumulative GPA for the 8 semesters based on an absolute scale of 0-10.
Following my interest in contributing to the advancement of Artificial Intelligence, I have taken the below mentioned undergraduate courses and have been in the top 5% students of the class.
MA-118 Introduction to Computer Lab
MA-204 Analog and Digital Electronics
Semiconductor diode, BJT & FET, Zener diode characteristics and models; Diode circuits, Rectifiers and DC power suppJies; BJT circuits : amplifiers, biasing : analysis and design; JFET and MOSFET : characteristics & models; MOS amplifier example. IC op-amp and applications : linear circuits (integrators, differentiators, filters, oscillators); nonlinear circuits : waveform generators; op^mp regulator, IC voltage regulators; IC Analog multiplier and applications; IC Timer 555 (astable, monostable and other timing circuits). Transistor as a switching element; combinatorial logic, designing with Kmap, QM-techniques. Introduction to Boolean Algebra and codes, Half adder, full adder, digital comparator, multiplexer, decoders, ROM, RAM etc. and their applicatons. Flip flops, counters, registers, waveform generators; Design using MSI circuits; A/D, D/A Converters.
MA-305 Microprocessors and Applications
Introduction to Microprocessors and microcomputers Study of 8 bit Microprocessors, its internal architecture, addressing modes. Microprocessor programming, System timing. Various data transfer schemes. Interfacing memory (ROM, SRAM, DRAM etc.) Cache controller and cache memory system. Input/Output interface (Chips like 8212, 8255, 8155, 8253,8279,8237 etc.) Interrupts and their processing 8259 PIC, Interrupt interface circuits using 8259. Interfacing techniques with A/D, D/A, stepper motor, printer, key board, output displays etc. Various bus standards like RS 232, IEEE 488, etc. Introduction to 16 bit and 32 bit Processors. Introduction to Micro-Controller.
MA-311 Robotics and CAM I
MA-312 Computer Graphics
MA-404 Optimization Techniques
MA-411 Artificial Intelligence
To build my strong foundation in computer science, I have completed (am undergoing) the below mentioned courses from Online Open Source Learning websites.
CS50 Introduction to Computer ScienceOnline Course in Progress from HarvardX being taken at EDX.org
Data StructuresOnline Course in Progress from University of California, San Diego and Higher School of Economics being taken at Coursera.org
Machine LearningOnline Course in Progress from Stanford University being taken at Coursera.org
CS105x Introduction to Apache SparkOnline Course Completed with 100% score from BerkeleyX at EDX.org
CS120x Distributed Machine Learning with Apache SparkOnline Course in Progress with from BerkeleyX being taken at EDX.org
For the complete Course Syllabus details, please click here.
The Semester-wise courses taken during my undergraduate degree are listed below. Please note that the relevant courses are marked in Deep Orange Color and all the mathematics and related courses are marked in Green Color .
- MA-101 Humanities
- MA-102 Mathematics I
- MA-103 Physics
- MA-104 Chemistry
- MA-105 Manufacturing Processes
- MA-106 Engineering Drawing
- MA-107 Physics Lab
- MA-108 Chemistry Lab
- MA-109 Workshop Practice
- MA-111 Electrical Sciences
- MA-112 Mathematics II
- MA-113 Mechanical Sciences
- MA-114 Science of Materials
- MA-115 Mechanics of Solids
- MA-116 Electrical Sciences Lab
- MA-117 Mechanical Sciences Lab
- MA-118 Introduction to Computer Lab
- MA-119 Mechanics of Solids Lab
- MA-120 Programming
- MA-201 Machine Drawing and Graphics
- MA-202 Manufacturing Processes I
- MA-203 Electromechanics
- MA-204 Analog and Digital Electronics
- MA-205 Technology and Society
- MA-206 Machine Drawing and Graphics Lab
- MA-207 Science of Materials and Manufacturing Processes I Lab
- MA-208 Electromechanics Lab
- MA-209 Analog and Digital Electronics Lab
- MA-210 Programming I
- MA-211 Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery
- MA-212 Control Systems
- MA-213 Mathematics III
- MA-214 Manufacturing Processes II
- MA-215 Management of Manufacturing Systems
- MA-216 Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery Lab
- MA-217 Control Systems Lab
- MA-218 Manufacturing Processes II Lab
- MA-219 Practical Training
- MA-220 Report Writing
- MA-221 Programming II
- MA-301 Machine Tools, CNC and Automation
- MA-302 Transducers and Measurements
- MA-303 Tool Design
- MA-304 Industrial Control Systems
- MA-305 Microprocessors and Applications
- MA-306 Machine Drawing and Graphics Lab
- MA-307 Machine Tools Lab
- MA-308 Tool Design Lab
- MA-309 Industrial Control Systems Lab
- MA-310 Transducers and Measurements Lab
- MA-311 Programming III
- MA-311 Robotics and CAM I
- MA-312 Computer Graphics
- MA-313 Applied Plasticity
- MA-314 Mechanical Design
- MA-315 Meterology and Statistical Quality Control
- MA-316 Robotics and CAM I Lab
- MA-317 Computer Graphics Lab
- MA-318 Forming Processes Lab
- MA-319 Mechanical Design Lab
- MA-320 Practical Training
- MA-321 Programming IV
- MA-401 Introduction to CAD and Product Design
- MA-402 Modern Methods of Manufacturing
- MA-403 Industrial Electronics
- MA-404 Optimization Techniques
- MA-405 Preventive Maintenance and Condition Monitoring
- MA-406 CAD Lab
- MA-407 Modern Methods of Manufacturing Lab
- MA-408 Industrial Electronics Lab
- MA-409 Practical Training
- MA-410 Programming V
- MA-411 Artificial Intelligence
- MA-412 Composite Materials
- MA-413 Industrial Drives
- MA-414 Artificial Intelligence Lab
- MA-415 Composite Materials and Industrial Drives Lab
- MA-416 Project
- MA-417 Practical Training
- MA-418 Seminar and Reports